Monday, September 10, 2007

Remember when.... assignment #5

Think back to when you were younger and you had a favorite book, story, or video. Anything from Dr. Seuss to Batman to the fairy tales. My little five year old best friend, Jane, loves the princesses. I think it's Ariel right now, but she changes once in a while. What do you remember about yours and why was it your favorite?

For example, I remember all The Cat in the Hat books, but mainly that first one. I remember how worried I got when the cat started causing trouble for the kids. I was worried for them because I didn't want them to get in trouble because of the cat. The characters in the books were so weird and funny looking that I just would stare at the pictures for minutes at a time. But mostly I worried about the kids getting in trouble for all the things that the other characters did. Like Thing One and Thing Two. Why name a character that? Now I know that they are just symbols for all the things kids can get into, but back then, I thought that those were perfect names for them. I particularly like their clothes with circles with their respective numbers in them. Sometimes, I think I was afraid of the Dr. Seuss books, too. Some of those characters looked pretty weird, though, so I wouldn't read some of them.

Post by Thursday, Sept. 13th

No comments: